WOODLAND HILLS HISTORY
Woodland Hills is located in the San Fernando Valley in the foothills of the Santa Monica Mountains. Woodland Hills is the location where the treaty was signed to end the Mexican War, leading California into statehood in 1850. Before the depression, an investor named Victor Girard Kleinberger bough the area of Woodland Hills, in the hopes of developing a “super community”. Although the “super community” struggled to take off after the depression, Girard had planted over 100,000 trees in the area and beautified it immensely. These trees gave the city its name of Woodland Hills when the community chose to rename the area in 1941. These 100,000 plus trees that were planted in Woodland Hills make the area beautiful but also add to swimming pool leaks in Woodland Hills due to the continual growth of their 100-year-old roots.